Profile of Kobe SGG Club
- Kobe SGG Club is a voluntary organization of goodwill guides. The members using their foreign language skills participate in guiding foreign visitors to Kobe for sightseeing to make their visits enjoyable, and in providing language supports to foreign residents in Kobe to make their stay comfortable.
- Through introducing the good points of Japan as well as Kobe both to the foreign visitors and residents, the members hope that close international exchange will be deepened and promoted.
- Name: Kobe SGG Club
- Registered Name: Kobe Systematized Goodwill Guides Club
- Established: March 14th, 1981
- Major Area for Service: Kobe, Himeji, Keihanshin Area (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara)
- Languages Covered: English, French, Spanish and Chinese
( four languages )
※L'italiano non e attualmente disponibile.
- Membership: 73 members (as of Jan. 2020)
- President: Mr. Toshio Nakao
- Address : Kobe SGG Club
Kobe Commerce, Industry, and Trade Center Building 2nd Floor
5-1-14, Hamabe-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0083, JAPAN
- TEL : +81-(0)80-2534-4192 Fax: +81-(0)50-3737-8912
- Kobe SGG Club was first established as KVGG on March 14th, 1981.
- It was started by volunteer guides of "Kobe Port Island Exposition (PORTPIA '81)" (March 20th - September 15th, 1981), which made a regional exposition boom.
- It originated from "The Campaign of Goodwill Guide" advocated when Tokyo Olympic on 1964.
- The 9th Nationwide Conference of Goodwill Guides was held in Kobe on November 4th and 5th, 2006 at Nichii Gakkan Port Island Center.
- Kobe SGG club has received various prizes.
As a member of the Japan National Tourism Organization（JNTO) :
- Kobe SGG Club is one of the officially registered goodwill guides
organization in Japan at JNTO. There are about 58,000 goodwill guides and 88 organizations (as of March 2014) registered with JNTO.
- All of the Kobe SGG Club members are registered with JNTO as goodwill guides and authorized with Goodwill Guide Cards and badges.
- All the members are covered by insurance for volunteer activities.
- At the time of services, all the members are obliged to carry their Goodwill Guide Cards, badges and name tags for their identification.
Copyright(c) 2009-2019, Kobe SGG Club. All rights reserved